This category is for those that are already married to (or civil partner) or are the unmarried partner of a British citizen or a person that has ILR or Settled status. Often this visa is referred to as a Spouse visa or Unmarried partner visa. it allows non-EEA nationals to enter or remain in the UK providing that they meet the eligibility criteria.
Bringing your loved ones to the UK is often considered a difficult and stressful task. At GB Immigration our expert team understand you want to start the next chapter in your family life quickly and with minimal disruption and expense.
What you need to know
As part of your visa application, as the applicant you will need to demonstrate:
- You’re aged 18 or over
- Your relationship is genuine and recognised in the UK, for example your marriage is legal in your country
- You intend to continue living with your partner in the UK after you apply
- Your partner is either present and settled in the United Kingdom, or will arrive with you to be admitted for settlement. Your partner must either be a British national or have Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) also known as permanent residence. Your partner can also be a refugee or someone with humanitarian protection.
- There will be adequate accommodation for you and any dependants and you will be able to maintain yourselves and any dependents without the support of public funds
- Your partner’s earnings meet the financial requirement or they have sufficient savings to do so.
- You satisfy the English language requirements.
How GB Immigration Co can help
As specialists in UK immigration law, at GB Immigration we can offer a full service to clients that require advice and assistance for immigration needs. Our immigration team have strong experience in dealing with spouse visa applications, to provide advice in submission of the originally application, to preparation for the extension and thereafter applications for permanent residency and nationality.
If you would like to know more about applying for the spouse visa or you wish to discuss your Immigration matter contact us today.