Tier 4 (General) student
Each year, thousands of international students successfully gain a visa to study in the United Kingdom. Our expert team are on hand to assist international students, in obtaining and extending their Tier 4 Student visa.
What you need to know
For those aged 16 or above and:
- have been offered a place on a course
- can meet the relevant English language requirement
- have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course
Course of study
You can only do a course that is one of the following:
- full-time leading to a qualification that’s at least level 6 on the Ofqual register
- an overseas course of degree level study that’s equal to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution
- full-time, with at least 15 hours per week of organised daytime study, leading to a qualification which is at least level 3 on the Ofqual register
- a recognised foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist
Postgraduate doctors and dentists
You can apply for this visa if you’re sponsored to do a recognised foundation programme and you’ve:
- finished a recognised UK degree in medicine or dentistry
- received that degree from a registered Tier 4 sponsor
- spent your final year and at least 1 other year of studies leading to that degree in the UK
It is possible to obtain a Tier 4 (General) student visa. For those under the age of 16, applicants would be required to apply for a Tier 4 (Child) student visa.
How we can help
As specialists in UK immigration law, at GB Immigration we can offer a full service to clients that require advice and assistance for their immigration. Our immigration team have strong experience in dealing with student immigration matters and to provide advice in submission of the original application, to preparation of extensions.
Our partner in education counselling and student support services GB Study, are able to provide additional support to students and their families.
If you would like to know more about applying to study in the UK or you wish to discuss your Immigration matter contact us today.